Photo by Oliver Sju00f6stru00f6m on Pexels.com

USDCAD Technical Analysis and Outlook, November 8, 2018; Danger Lurking?

Could There be Danger Lurking for USD/CAD Pair?

A Quick Technical Analysis Look to See What’s Under the Hood!

(By Glenford S. Robinson)

The price of the USD/CAD currency pair has aggressively surpassed its moving average of 1.3070, trading at a current price of 1.3112 as of 12:40 PM, ET, November 8, 2018. The Mstardom Finance Forex Trading Strategy told us that a strong mean reversion possibility has developed, and we should be prepared to trade this opportunity if we weren’t already in the trade.

If we were already in the trade, then we would wait until our trading strategy gives us the signal to get out of the trade by taking profits. However, if we weren’t already in the trade, we would begin to clear the bushes to make way for a solid entry as a short-seller, but before we enter the trade, we would have had to wait for the perfect time to enter.

Our ideal trade entry range is between $1.3130 to $1.3187, where we will initiate a sell order. This means that anywhere within that range is a very good place to initiate a short-sell order. Remember to keep an eye on the Economic Calendar located on the Mstardom Finance Economic Calendar page to keep abreast of what economic events are scheduled for that time period that you have set aside to trade.

The events designated by 3 bulls head is the events that traders should pay the most attention to. Three bulls head means that the Forex market for that currency pair will become very volatile before, during, or shortly after the economic event occurs. A central bank president speech is one example that will cause volatility to increase dramatically.

There is a 68% to 71% chance (probability) that the USD/CAD pair price will fall within one standard unit of the pair’s moving average of 1.3070 with a 14.5% to 16% chance that price will fall below $1.3012 and another 14.5% to 16% chance that price will go above 1.3127. However, our inference refutes this idea of the USD/CAD pair going above the 1.3127 price zone by telling us that it is very unlikely that price will go above 1.3127 for any sustainable period of time, and if price does get to that level, it will be short-lived. In fact, the reason is because the closing price data of USDCAD has revealed a strong negative bias to the downside that is visible, left of the moving average line of symmetry.

There is also a 95% chance that price will fall within two standard units of the currency pair’s moving average with a 2.5% chance that price will fall outside of or below 1.2955 and another 2.5% chance that price will fall outside of 1.3184 to the right side or upside.

There is a 99.7% chance that closing price data of the USDCAD currency pair will fall within three standard units of the currency pair’s moving average with a 1.5% probability of the price falling outside of 1.2897 and a 1.5% probability of the price rising above 1.3241. It is highly unlikely however that the price will rise above 1.3241 because the closing price data is negatively biased to the left with a bias value of -1.00954, coupled with a very small positive peaked value of 3.22, which is very close to being a normal distribution environment or system. This means that there is very low volatility, which equals low risk and small profit because more risk equals more profits, but also greater losses.

By looking at the current USDCAD daily chart on November 8, 2018 @11:04 AM, ET, we can see that our predicted price action has begun to take shape. In other words, the price has begun to approach our point of trade execution. The Mstardom Finance Proprietary Forex Trading Strategy told us to initiate a sell order when the daily price gets to between $1.3220 and $1.3242. The $1.3242 price target is our hypothetical resistance zone given to us by our Forex trading strategy. At this moment in time one could play Russian Roulette and go long for a short period of time. However, this strategy is very risky.

A courageous trader might be able to get away with trading the USDCAD pair that way simply because our Forex Trading Strategy told us that the USDCAD pair is currently exhibiting a very low dose of volatility. In an instant, this low-level volatility environment (of volatility less than one) could easily become an environment with a volatility greater than 4 to the upside, inducing upward momentum volatility or to the downside, inducing downward momentum volatility if there is a positive or negative news catalyst.

The way Mstardom Finance traders handle such unpredictable news catalyst from wreaking havoc on our trading is by keeping a close eye on the Economic Calendar located on the Economic Calendar page on Mstardom Finance. We pay the most attention to the upcoming events that is designated with three (3) bull heads.

Disclosure: I/We/Mstardom Finance do not own a position in the USD/CAD currency pair.

Disclaimer: ©Mstadom, Inc., Mstardom.com, Mstardom Finance does not provide investment advice.

Check Also

Alert image

Investor Alerts and Bulletins: The Escheatment Process

Keep your contact information updated. Financial institutions must attempt to notify you before escheating your account. Make sure financial institutions at which you have accounts have your accurate contact information (telephone, e-mail and physical address) to help ensure you receive any notices related to your accounts. If your financial institution sends you mail that is returned as undeliverable, or it cannot reach you through your other contact information, your account may be declared abandoned and end up in escheatment.

Pepsico Image

The PepsiCo Foundation Partners with CARE to Tackle Gender Inequality in Agriculture with an $18.2 Million Investment in She Feeds the World Grant will provide resources and training to 5 million women farmers and their families worldwide to help them increase crop yields and income

News Provided By PepsiCo FoundationMar 04, 2019, 16:05 ET PURCHASE, N.Y., March 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ …

GDP Growth Slowed

US Economy Starts to Slow Entering 2019, but Headwinds Ease

The Federal Reserve has signaled that it will postpone further interest rate hikes until signs of rising inflation emerge and cease balance sheet normalization activities towards the end of this year. Stock price gains since the announcement of these policy shifts illustrate that if they are executed, business confidence is likely to rise.

Where can I get business financing?

Horizon Technology Finance Provides Investment Portfolio Update Increases Portfolio Size with $24 Million in Loan Originations; Grows Committed Backlog to $47 Million

"During the third quarter, we experienced solid investment activity, increasing the size of our portfolio and expanding our committed backlog for the second consecutive quarter," said Gerald A. Michaud, President of Horizon. "Our success funding seven loans, totaling more than $24 million, and growing our committed backlog to $47 million underscores the strong demand for our venture debt products to growing life science and technology companies. We believe Horizon will continue to benefit from a robust pipeline of investment opportunities and is well positioned to deliver long-term, disciplined portfolio growth, while ensuring credit quality remains strong."

ECB profit increased in 2018

Financial Statements of the ECB for 2018

The ECB’s net profit is distributed to the euro area national central banks (NCBs). The Governing Council decided to make an interim profit distribution, amounting to €1,191 million, to the euro area NCBs on 31 January 2019. At yesterday’s meeting, the Governing Council decided to distribute the remainder of the profit, amounting to €384 million, on 22 February 2019.

Litigation Photo

Immune Design (IMDZ) Alert: Johnson Fistel Investigates Proposed Sale of Immune Design Corp.; Are Immune Design Shareholders Getting a Fair Deal?

The investigation concerns whether the Immune Design board failed to satisfy its duties to the Company shareholders, including whether the board adequately pursued alternatives to the acquisition and whether the board obtained the best price possible for Immune Design shares of common stock. Nationally recognized Johnson Fistel is investigating whether the proposed deal represents adequate consideration, especially given that one Wall Street analyst has a $9.00 price target on the stock and the Company has approximately $100 million in cash and no long-term debt.

Mergers and Acquisitions

Merck to Acquire Immune Design; Acquisition Bolsters Capabilities in Vaccine Development for Infectious Diseases and Cancer

“Scientists at Immune Design have established a unique portfolio of approaches to cancer immunization and adjuvant systems designed to enhance the ability of a vaccine to protect against infection, which could meaningfully improve vaccine development," said Dr. Roger M. Perlmutter, president, Merck Research Laboratories. “This acquisition builds upon Merck’s industry-leading programs that harness the power of the immune system to prevent and treat disease.”

%d bloggers like this: